This is my another work which i did during my GSOC project 🙂
Here in this bug I implemented the new UX flow of SMS app.
This patch has merged with master. You can experience it FxOS nightly or in Latest version.
Thanks to Mentor Gabrile svelto, JulienW (SMS app owner) and UX designer Jenny & Fang for helping me out there 🙂
About the Bug :
The edit mode used for threads and messages is currently different than what’s offered by other gaia apps (e.g. the e-mail app). To pave the way for future functionality (such as mark-as-read) we should modify it to be more consistent with the rest of Gaia.
Purpose of this bug is to “Make the thread/message edit mode to match the style used by other applications “.
1. Select-all/Deselct-all button at top right corner (header) in thread-edit mode.
2. Delete button at bottom in thread-edit mode.
3. Addition of blue dot(for unread messages) in thread-edit mode.
4. change in postion of checkbox and blue dot (similar to email app or omega proposal) in thread-edit mode.
5. change in color of checkbox (from red to blue:similar to email app or omega proposal) in thread-edit mode.
6. Necessary changes/addition in menu option or header.
7. Almost Similar changes (1,2,5,6) for message-edit mode.
Another important work was to write unit test for all these changes .
Before Applying the patch :
Same for message edit mode…
After applying the Patch : 🙂
More blogs on newly added features in fxos && App maker hacks are coming soon.
Stayed tunned…till then Happy HaCkInG 🙂
Ping on #gaia irc channel or rishav006@gmail for any help 🙂